Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- Air Repair: April 2004 (air-repair-april-2004.pdf)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.Air Repair April 2004 Volume Number April 2004OBD is Off to Successful Start On January 2, 2004, the on-boarddiagnostics (OBD) test replaced traditional exhaust tests in determiningwhether vehicle passes or fails required Illinois emissions inspectionfor most 1996 and newer model year vehicles. The "Motorist's Choice"option that allowed customers to choose (or "fallback" to) an exhausttest has expired. All 1996 and newer passenger cars and light-duty trucksreceive the OBD and gas cap tests instead of an exhaust test. Heavy-dutytrucks are not required to have OBDII systems, and thus, still receive theappropriate exhaust test. For the first two months inIllinois, about 52% of the vehicles subject to an emissions test willreceive the OBD test, 43% will receive an IM240 test and 5% will receive anidle test. Initial statistics indicate the repairindustry is successful at fixing OBD failures. The retest failure rate isrelatively low, at about 18%. This means that the vast majority (82%) of
1021 N Grand Ave E
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 16:47:52 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- air-repair-april-2004.pdf - checksum='1116767105' byte count= '877163'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- agencyProgram: Illinois Air Team
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Environmental Protection Agency, Bureau of Air
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-3397
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62702
- dateCreated: 03 02 2004
- dateLastModified: 03 03 2004
- description: Air Repair is a newsletter written for emissions testing personnel/stations.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: 2004 April
- originatorDepartment: Environmental Protection Agency
- originatorDivision: Bureau of Air
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: vol.7, no.2