Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- Air Repair: April 2003 (air-repair-april-2003.pdf)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.Air Repair April 2003 Volume Number April 2003 By Dave Skinner, Training Manager,National Center for Vehicle Emissions Control and Safety (NCVECS) at Colorado StateUniversity What is Readiness? From model year 1996 on, U.S.vehicles include software designed to indicate when emissions controlsystems have defect that may lead to elevated tailpipe emissions.Because of this, overall vehicle condition can be assessed electroni-cally at an emissions test station using data link between com-puter and the OBDII equipped vehicle. To ensure that the dataprovided to the test station reflects actual vehicle condition, the vehiclecomputer will report whether or not data in the computer is current andvalid. This check is referred to as "readiness." If the vehicle fails areadiness check, it will be denied an emissions test. Readiness MonitorsThe checks the computer performs on the vehicle system are referredto as readiness "monitors." While vehicle could have up to twelvemonitors designed into the
1021 N Grand Ave E
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 16:45:56 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- air-repair-april-2003.pdf - checksum='454098711' byte count= '110732'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- agencyProgram: Illinois Air Team
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Environmental Protection Agency, Bureau of Air
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-3397
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62702
- dateCreated: 03 08 2003
- dateLastModified: 04 11 2003
- description: Air Repair is a newsletter written for emissions testing personnel/stations.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: 2003 April
- originatorDepartment: Environmental Protection Agency
- originatorDivision: Bureau of Air
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: vol.6, no.2