People ex rel. Department of Corrections v. Hawkins
Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
People ex rel. Department of Corrections v. Hawkins (2011, June 16) 
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- People ex rel. Department of Corrections v. Hawkins, summary (110792s.pdf)
- People ex rel. Department of Corrections v. Hawkins (110792.pdf)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
JUSTICE GARMAN delivered the judgment of the court, with opinion. Chief Justice Kilbride and Justices Thomas, Burke, and Theis concurred in the judgment and opinion. Justice Karmeier specially concurred, with opinion, joined by Justice Freeman. This Will County litigation concerns the incarceration of Kensley Hawkins between July 1, 1983, and March 17, 2005, at Stateville Correctional Center in Joliet. One statute provides that an inmate may be held responsible for the costs of his incarceration, indicating how those costs are calculated, and stating that the Department of Corrections may authorize the Attorney General to bring an action for the recovery of the amount owed.
Organization: Illinois Supreme Court
200 East Capitol
Springfield, IL 62701-1720
Document Descriptive Information
- Language(s): EN-English
- Creation Date (from issuing agency): 06 16 2011
- Document Modification Date (from issuing agency): 06 16 2011
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 19:35:22 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 110792.pdf - checksum='3822382976' byte count= '171794'
- 110792s.pdf - checksum='3201198961' byte count= '84192'