Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Digester/Over the Spillway
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.When the federal Safe Drinking Water Act was re-authorized in 1996, it was amended to include provision that all community water systems must report to their customers annually about the water coming into their homes. Working from the principle that people have right to know where their water comes from and what's in it, the SDWA mandated consumer confidence reports (CCRs) and spelled out what they must contain as well as some suggested but not required supplements. Designed to reassure users about overall quality, and to identify potential threats to the water that flows from their taps, the CCRs are also seen as an educational tool that can inform consumers about the complexity and cost of keeping their drinking water both safe and plentiful. It is expected that if users better understand what is required to provide them every day with drinking water that meets state and federal standards for safety, they may be more supportive when potentially costly upgrades are necessary to cont
1021 N Grand Ave E
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 15:59:22 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 20120501192057_april-1999.pdf - checksum='603403131' byte count= '87821'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Environmental Protection Agency, Bureau of Water
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-3397
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62702
- dateCreated: 04 19 2005
- dateLastModified: 04 19 2005
- description: This title is a periodical published by the Illinois EPA Bureau of Water providing relevant information to professionals in the water/wastewater/drinking water treatment fields.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: 1999 April
- originallyProvidedURL: http://www.epa.state.il.us/water/digester/v57/n1/april-1999.pdf
- originatorDepartment: Environmental Protection Agency
- originatorDivision: Bureau of Water
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: vol. 57, no. 1