Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Digester/Over the Spillway
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.This special issue of Digester/ Over the Spillway contains important information about computer problem which is being referred to as Year 2000, Y2K, or the "Millennium Bug." Many computerized functions require recognition of specific year, day and time, but most computers and computerized equipment recognize only the last two digits of year's date. Therefore, when the calendar changes to the year 2000, many computers and equipment with embedded computer chips will have difficulty interpreting the correct date; they may interpret the year to be 1900 or some other year. number of things are likely to happen: some computers and equipment will "crash"; others will operate erroneously; others may simply stop and need to be restarted; some may create data that looks correct but contains errors; and some may continue to operate correctly. Many of Illinois' water and wastewater facilities operate with some level of computerization. Monitoring, operations and maintenance, communications, lab
1021 N Grand Ave E
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 20:22:01 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 20120501192056_special-issue-feb-1999.pdf - checksum='679860840' byte count= '105116'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Environmental Protection Agency, Bureau of Water
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-3397
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62702
- dateCreated: 04 19 2005
- dateLastModified: 07 12 2005
- description: This title is published by the Illinois EPA Bureau of Water providing relevant information to professionals in the water/wastewater/drinking water treatment fields.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: February
- originallyProvidedURL: http://www.epa.state.il.us/water/digester/special-issue/special-issue-feb-1999.pdf
- originatorDepartment: Environmental Protection Agency
- originatorDivision: Bureau of Water
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: Special Edition 1999