Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Vincent v. Alden-Park Strathmoor, Inc. 
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- Vincent v. Alden-Park Strathmoor, Inc., summary (110406s.pdf)
- Vincent v. Alden-Park Strathmoor, Inc. (110406.pdf)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.Docket No. 110406. IN THE SUPREME COURT OF THE STAT OF ILLINOIS TH OMAS VINC NT , ppellant, v. ALD EN ARK STRATHMOOR, INC., Appellee. Opinion filed March 24, 2011. JUSTICE KARMEIER delivered the judgment of the court, with opinion. Chief Justice Kilbride and Justices Thomas, Garman, Burke, and Theis concurred in the judgment and opinion. Justice Freeman took no part in the ecision. OPINION This interlocutory appeal under Supreme Court Rule (Ill. S. Ct. R. (eff. Feb. 26, 2010)) presents single question of law: Does claim for punitive damages based on allegations of willful and wanton violation of the Nursing Home Care Act (210 ILCS 45/1-101 et seq. (West 2006)) survive the death of the nursing home resident on whose be half the ause of acti on wa rought? Th ci rcuit court concluded that when he nur sing ho me res ident died, any claim she might have ad for punitiv damages abated. Th app ellate court agreed. Ill. App 02. We gr anted pet ition by the representative of th ursing ome esid
200 East Capitol
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 16:57:47 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 110406.pdf - checksum='1106816410' byte count= '90722'
- 110406s.pdf - checksum='346735248' byte count= '85051'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Supreme Court
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-7821
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62701-1720
- dateCreated: 03 24 2011
- dateLastModified: 03 24 2011
- description: JUSTICE KARMEIER delivered the judgment of the court, with opinion. Chief Justice Kilbride and Justices Thomas, Garman, Burke, and Theis concurred in the judgment and opinion. Justice Freeman took no part in the decision. This Winnebago County case is before the supreme court at the pleading stage. There has been no trial. In 2006, a nursing home resident died at the defendants facility in Rockford. A circuit court complaint was filed seeking damages. It alleged common law negligence and also violations of the Nursing Home Care Act.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: March 24
- originatorDepartment: Supreme Court
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: 2011