Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Wendling v. Southern Illinois Hospital Services Howell v. Southern Illinois Hospital Services 
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- Wendling v. Southern Illinois Hospital Services Howell v. Southern Illinois Hospital Services, summary (110199s.pdf)
- Wendling v. Southern Illinois Hospital Services Howell v. Southern Illinois Hospital Services (110199.pdf)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.Docket Nos. 110199, cons. IN THE SUPREME COURT OF THE STAT OF ILLINOIS SHERRY D. ENDLING, ppellee, SOUTH ERN IL LINOIS HOSPITAL SERVICES, d/b/a St Jo seph Memo rial Ho spital and Memorial Hospital of Carbondale, Appellant.-NANCY J. HOWELL, Appellee, v. SOUTHERN ILLINOIS HOSPITAL SERVICES, d/b/a Herrin Hospital, Appellant. Opinion filed March 24, 2011. JUSTICE BUR KE elivered the udgment of th ourt, ith opinion. Justices Freeman, Tho mas, Garman, and Theis co ncurred in the judgment and opinion. Chief Just ice Kilbride and Jus tice Kar meier ook no par in the decision. OPINION The plai ntiffs these consolidated cases were in jured in automobile accidents and subsequently filed personal injury lawsuits against the dr ivers esponsible for heir injuries he ho spitals who treated the plaintiffs asserted liens against the proceeds of he lawsuits, pursuant to the Health Care Services Lien Act (770 LCS 23/1 et seq. (W est 8)). The circu it co urt held, base he "common und octrine," th at th
200 East Capitol
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 16:48:22 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 110199.pdf - checksum='4008019493' byte count= '82478'
- 110199s.pdf - checksum='780723534' byte count= '81395'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Supreme Court
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-7821
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62701-1720
- dateCreated: 03 24 2011
- dateLastModified: 03 24 2011
- description: JUSTICE BURKE delivered the judgment of the court, with opinion. Justices Freeman, Thomas, Garman, and Theis concurred in the judgment and opinion. Chief Justice Kilbride and Justice Karmeier took no part in the decision. Southern Illinois Hospital Services owns Herrin Hospital, where Nancy Howell was treated for personal injuries she received in an automobile accident.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: March 24
- originatorDepartment: Supreme Court
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: 2011