Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Barber v. American Airlines, Inc. 
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- Barber v. American Airlines, Inc., summary (110092s.pdf)
- Barber v. American Airlines, Inc. (110092.pdf)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.Docket No. 110092. IN THE SUPREME COURT OF THE STAT OF ILLINOIS ANDREA BARBER, Appellee, v. AMERICAN AIRLINES, INC., Appellant. Opinion filed March 24, 2011. JUSTICE FREEMAN delivered the judgment of the court, with opinion. Justices Thomas, Garman, Karmeier, Burke, and Theis concurred in the judgment and pinion. Chief Just ice Kilbride sp ecially concurred, with opinion. OPINION Plaintiff Andrea Barber filed class ac tion complai nt against defendant American Airlines for breach of contract. The circuit court granted defendant's motion to dismiss, and plaintiff appealed. divided panel he ap pellate ourt reversed nd remanded. ll. App. 3d 68. Fo he easons set for th below , everse he judgment of the appellate court. I. BACKGROUND Plaintiff pur chased icket to travel on defendant's flight from Chicago to White Plains, New York, on August 11, 2008. Prior 2- to boarding, plaintiff checked two suitcases for transport to White Plains and was charged $40 checked baggage fee. Defend ant subs
200 East Capitol
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 16:00:40 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 110092.pdf - checksum='1689772984' byte count= '86316'
- 110092s.pdf - checksum='1431896193' byte count= '83788'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Supreme Court
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-7821
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62701-1720
- dateCreated: 03 24 2011
- dateLastModified: 03 24 2011
- description: JUSTICE FREEMAN delivered the judgment of the court, with opinion. Justices Thomas, Garman, Karmeier, Burke, and Theis concurred in the judgment and opinion. Chief Justice Kilbride specially concurred, with opinion. In 2008, this Cook County plaintiff booked a flight on American Airlines. It was cancelled. She did not rebook, but requested a refund of the ticket and of the $40 she had been charged to check her two bags.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: March 24
- originatorDepartment: Supreme Court
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: 2011