Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Nonhazardous Solid Waste Management and Landfill Capacity in Illinois, 1998 [IEPA/BOL/99-015]
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- Nonhazardous Solid Waste Management and Landfill Capacity in Illinois, 1998 annual report (landfill-capacity-1998.pdf)
- Introduction (landfill-capacity-1998-intro.pdf)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.unavailable .Introduction Nonhazardous Solid Waste Management and Landfill Capacity in Illinois: 1998 NonhazardousSolid Waste Management And Landfill Capacity 1998 Introduction Nonhazardous Solid Waste Management and Landfill Capacity in Illinois: 1998 Illinoisans generatedwaste at rate of 6.6 pounds per personper day in 1998 UNICIPAL SOLID WASTE IS THE TERM USED TO DESCRIBE THEgarbage that's discarded by America's households, stores, offices, factories, restaurants, schools and other institutions."Discarded" most often means disposed of in Agency-permitted landfills. Increasing amounts are handled through other means ofsolid waste management: recycling, composting and incineration. In 1998, Illinois landfills accepted nearly 13.5 million net tons ofsolid waste. The U.S. EPA's Characterization of Municipal Solid Waste Management: 1997 Update says that nationwide percent ofsolid waste was landfilled, percent was recycled or composted and percent was incinerated. National figures for 1
1021 North Grand Ave., East
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 19:33:07 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- landfill-capacity-1998-intro.pdf - checksum='2179467709' byte count= '104326'
- landfill-capacity-1998.pdf - checksum='4237957228' byte count= '2464592'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Environmental Protection Agency, Bureau of Land
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-3397
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62702
- dateCreated: 12 14 1999
- dateLastModified: 02 25 2000
- description: This annual report details facts about nonhazdous solid waste disposal in landfills in Illinois. In includes information about available disposal capacity.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: November
- originatorDepartment: Environmental Protection Agency
- originatorDivision: Bureau of Land
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- timePeriodTextual: January 1, 1998-December 31, 1998
- volumeOrYear: 1999