Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
People v. Garcia 
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.Supreme Court Summaries Opinions filed January 21, 2011 No. People v. Garcia Appellate citation: Ill. App. 3d 792. CHIEF JUSTICE KILBRIDE delivered the judgment of the court, with opinion. Justices Freeman, Thomas, Garman, Karmeier, Burke, and Theis concurred in the judgment and opinion. In 1999, this Cook County defendant was involved in minor traffic incident with another driver. Subsequent to this, he and another man followed that other driver and his wife to restaurant, where the other driver was severely beaten, sustaining serious permanent injuries to his face and broken arm. Brought to trial in 2008, Garcia received bench trial conviction for three counts of aggravated battery. \ then became fugitive for six years before he was rearrested in 2006. Garcia had prior 1993 conviction for possession of stolen motor vehicle. On the basis of this, the trial court found him eligible for an extended term, imposing three concurrent 90-month prison terms. Although defendant argued that s
200 East Capitol
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 15:08:42 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 109886.pdf - checksum='2513001825' byte count= '79048'
- 109886s.pdf - checksum='14772352' byte count= '82060'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Supreme Court
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-7821
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62701-1720
- dateCreated: 01 21 2011
- dateLastModified: 01 21 2011
- description: CHIEF JUSTICE KILBRIDE delivered the judgment of the court, with opinion. Justices Freeman, Thomas, Garman, Karmeier, Burke, and Theis concurred in the judgment and opinion. In 1999, this Cook County defendant was involved in a minor traffic incident with another driver.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: January 21
- originatorDepartment: Supreme Court
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: 2011