Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
First American Bank Corporation v. Henry 
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- First American Bank Corporation v. Henry (109711s.pdf)
- First American Bank Corporation v. Henry (109711.pdf)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.Docket No. 109711. IN THE SUPREME COURT OF THE STAT OF ILLINOIS FIRST AMERICAN BANK CORPORATION et al., Appe llants, v. GWEN HENRY, Du Page County Treasurer and ex officio Du Page County Collector, Appellee (The Forest Preserve District of Du Page County, Intervenor-Appellee). Opinion filed January 21, 2011. JUSTICE THEIS delivered th udgment of th ourt, ith opinion. Chief Ju stice Kilbr ide an ustices reeman, homas, Ga rman, Karmeier, and Burke concurred in the judgment and opinion. OPINION The issue in this case is whether the Forest Preserve District of Du Page County (the District) was equired by se ction the Illinois Pension Code (40 ILCS 5/7-171 (West 2008)) to enact an appropriation ordinance for its contribution to the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) before it enacted levy ordinance to aise revenue that would, in part, cover this contribution. The circuit court of Du Page County entered summary judgment in favo the District, and the appellate court affirmed. For the
200 East Capitol
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 15:05:14 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 109711.pdf - checksum='3261496136' byte count= '79897'
- 109711s.pdf - checksum='624133189' byte count= '83967'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Supreme Court
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-7821
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62701-1720
- dateCreated: 01 21 2011
- dateLastModified: 01 21 2011
- description: JUSTICE THEIS delivered the judgment of the court, with opinion. Chief Justice Kilbride and Justices Freeman, Thomas, Garman, Karmeier, and Burke concurred in the judgment and opinion. First American Bank Corporation and three other companies filed a tax objection contending that the Forest Preserve District of Du Page County lacked statutory authority when, in November of 1999, it passed a levy ordinance for its contribution to its pension fund for the year 2000, but did not pass an appropriation ordinance to raise those revenues until June of 2000.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: January 21
- originatorDepartment: Supreme Court
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: 2011