Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
People v. King 
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.Supreme Court Summaries Opinions filed January 21, 2011 No. People v. King Appellate citation: Ill. App. 3d 985. JUSTICE KARMEIER delivered the judgment of the court, with opinion. Chief Justice Kilbride and Justices Freeman, Thomas, Garman, Burke, and Theis concurred in the judgment and opinion. In 2002, man was beaten to death in Champaign County and this defendant was charged with first degree murder. He was years old at the time of the incident. The Juvenile Court Act of 1987 specifies that an offender of that age who is charged with first degree murder is not considered juvenile, but is prosecuted under the criminal laws. Eventually, King pled guilty to attempted murder through negotiated plea agreement by which the homicide accusations were dismissed and he received 15-year sentence in the Department of Corrections. This appeal is taken in postconviction proceeding which was filed pro se in 2008 concerning the admonitions on mandatory supervised release. By this time King had r
200 East Capitol
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 13:46:32 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 109581.pdf - checksum='2527207173' byte count= '84834'
- 109581s.pdf - checksum='1644255600' byte count= '79624'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Supreme Court
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-7821
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62701-1720
- dateCreated: 01 21 2011
- dateLastModified: 01 21 2011
- description: JUSTICE KARMEIER delivered the judgment of the court, with opinion. Chief Justice Kilbride and Justices Freeman, Thomas, Garman, Burke, and Theis concurred in the judgment and opinion. In 2002, a man was beaten to death in Champaign County and this defendant was charged with first degree murder.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: January 21
- originatorDepartment: Supreme Court
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: 2011