State Commerce Director Announces Capital Funding for Second Round of Green Jobs Training Grants
Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
State Commerce Director Announces Capital Funding for Second Round of Green Jobs Training Grants (2012, January 10) [19**12]
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- State Commerce Director Announces Capital Funding for Second Round of Green Jobs Training Grants (011012DCEOUrbanWeatherizationSpecialistTraininggrantsRELEASE.doc)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) Director Warren Ribley today announced $3,398,444 in capital funding to ten organizations that will train nearly 700 weatherization specialists across the state as part of the second phase of the Urban Weatherization Initiative (UWI). UWI is the nation's first state-funded weatherization program and one of the largest job creation initiatives to date for urban communities in Illinois. Governor Quinn kicked-off the first phase the multi-year green jobs training program last September by announcing the first round of funding for home energy audit training with national certification.
Illinois Information Service
Organization: Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity
500 E Monroe
Springfield, IL 62701
Document Descriptive Information
- Language(s): EN-English
- Creation Date (from issuing agency): 01 10 2012
- Document Modification Date (from issuing agency): 01 10 2012
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Thu, 24 May 2012 22:03:03 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 011012DCEOUrbanWeatherizationSpecialistTraininggrantsRELEASE.doc - checksum='1198890549' byte count= '227840'