Asian Carp Rapid Response Workgroup finishes operation on Cal-Sag Channel
Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Asian Carp Rapid Response Workgroup finishes operation on Cal-Sag Channel (2009, December 8) [1689**09]
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- Asian Carp Rapid Response Workgroup finishes operation on Cal-Sag Channel (120809DNRAsiancarpCalSagfinal.doc)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Press Release: The Asian Carp Rapid Response Workgroup has completed fishing operations near the T.J. OBrien Lock in an attempt to locate Asian carp after eDNA sampling in the area tested positive for the invasive species. The Workgroup used commercial fishermen and federal fisheries personnel to deploy nearly 3,000 yards of fishing nets along a 5.5-mile stretch of the Cal-Sag Channel. While the nets were successful in collecting more than 800 fish, no Asian carp were found. The catch included more than 700 common carp and 10 other species.
Illinois Information Service
Organization: Illinois Department of Natural Resources
One Natural Resources Way
Springfield, IL 62702-1271
Document Descriptive Information
- Language(s): EN-English
- Creation Date (from issuing agency): 12 08 2009
- Document Modification Date (from issuing agency): 12 08 2009
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 20:49:18 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 120809DNRAsiancarpCalSagfinal.doc - checksum='498972924' byte count= '63488'