Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Illinois Mandatory Vehicle Insurance
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- Illinois Mandatory Vehicle Insurance (20071204183648_vsd36110.pdf)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.Mandatory VehicleINSURANCE Jesse White TA TAT IF YOU ARE INVOLVED IN AN ACCIDENT An accident report form must be filed with the IllinoisDepartment of Transportation (IDOT) if damages exceed $500 or if injuries resulted from the accident.At-fault, uninsured motorists are required to pay for damages they cause or face license plates and driver'slicense suspensions. The Secretary of State's office does not maintaininsurance information for all registered motor vehicles. Insurance information is available only from themotorist involved in the accident or from the report filed with IDOT. For more information on reporting an accident, pleasecontact: Illinois Dept. of TransportationAccident Records Section Executive Park Dr.Springfield, IL 217-782-4516 PURCHASING INSURANCE Contact an insurance agent to buy liability insurancefor your vehicle. Some companies do not sell insurance to vehicle owners who have been driving unin-sured. If you have problems buying insurance, ask your insurance age
501 S. Second St.
Document Descriptive Information
- MIME Type: application/pdf
- File Modification Date On Web Server: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 17:26:13 GMT
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 20:29:39 GMT
- Observed Length: 127288 bytes
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 20071204183648_vsd36110.pdf - checksum='3b954f3034cb43f5bc28d9dc7c5ce47f' byte count= '127288'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Secretary of State, Division of Motor Vehicles
- contactPhoneNumber: 217 558 4515
- contactState: IL
- contactStreetAddress2: 429 Howlett Bldg.
- contactZipCode: 62756-7000
- dateCreated: 10 03 2005
- dateLastModified: 10 04 2005
- description: Illinois law requires all motor vehicles registered and operated in Illinois to be covered by liability insurance, which covers property damage, and/or injuries you may cause others in an accident.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- originallyProvidedURL: http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/pdf_publications/vsd36110.pdf
- originatorDepartment: Vehicle Services Dept.
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: 2005
Other Results from the Document Acquisition System
- Accept Ranges: bytes
- Connection Parameters: Keep-Alive
- Entity Tag: 18a622-1f138-fd0d7740
- Host Machine Dns Address: 22.214.171.124
- Keep Alive: timeout=10, max=100
- Observed Transfer Rate: 1.20 MB/s
- Retained U R L: www.cyberdriveillinois.com/vsd36110.pdf
- Server Reported Date Of Transfer: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 00:41:34 GMT
- Server Response Code: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
- Server Specification: IBM_HTTP_Server/6.0 Apache/2.0.47 (Unix)
- Transfer Completion Localhost Time HHMMSS: 18:36:48
- Transfer Initiation Localhost Time HHMMSS: 18:36:37