Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- Eric Larson to appear at Book Fair; Digital Talking Book Project; State Library legislation passed (insight_070803.pdf)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.A downpour forced the event inside, but on June 6the Illinois State Library was officially rededicated and named in honor of the late Pulitzer Prize winnerand Illinois Poet Laureate Gwendolyn Brooks. Nearly400 people watched as Nora Brooks Blakely, thepoet's daughter, unveiled replica of plaquecommemorating the event in the library's atrium. Theoriginal plaque is permanently mounted on amarble base near the front entrance of the library. Secretary of State and StateLibrarian Jesse White hosted the ceremony. Among the dignitaries in attendancewere Gov. Rod Blagojevich, Senate President Emil Jones, Jr., House Speaker Michael J. Madigan and hiswife Shirley Madigan, who is chairman of the Illinois Arts Council, and state Rep. Lovana Jones, who wasa friend of Brooks. Allison Payne, anchor and reporter for WGN-TV News Chicago, served asmaster of ceremonies. The ceremony featured presentations by the MuntuDance Theatre, the Chocolate Chips Theatre Company, the Abundant Faith Christian Cente
300 South Second Street
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Fri,14 Jul 2006 15:47:38 GMT
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- insight_070803.pdf - checksum='36ffd062a3aacf4723582f95d399a3bd' byte count= '421868'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactFaxNumber: 217-785-4326
- contactName: Patrick McGuckin
- contactNetworkAddress: email@example.com
- contactOrganization: Illinois State Library
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-558-4029
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62701
- dateCreated: 07 11 2003
- dateLastModified: 07 11 2003
- description: Feature articles cover the naming of the Illinois State Library after Gwendolyn Brooks, recent State library legislation, the State Library at the Illinois State Fair, Erik Larson appearing at the Illinois Authors Book Fair, and the State Library overseeing a digital talking books project.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: July/August
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois State Library
- volumeOrYear: 2003