Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- New State Library Director Named; Illinois Authors Book Fair; National Library Week (insight_050605.pdf)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.Illinois author Saul Bellow dies One of the unique features of the Illinois State Library, which opened in 1990, is the fourth-floor frieze etched with the names of of Illinois' most distinguished authors. The inscriptions recognize both living and deceased authors who are either Illinois natives or whose works are closely identified with the state. With the passing of Illinois author Saul Bellow in April, only Ray Bradbury, author of the classic Fahrenheit 451, and Louis "Studs" Terkel, known for his works of oral history, are still alive from among the authors whose names are on engraved on the building. resident of Chicago for many years, many of Bellow's works are set in the city. Some of Bellow's best-known works include Dangling Man, The Adventures of Augie March, Herzog, Mr. Sammler's Planet, Humboldt's Gift (for which he won the Pulitzer Prize) and The Dean's December. $1.4 million awarded toIllinois school libraries Secretary of State Jesse White awarded $1.4 million in gran
300 South Second Street
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Fri,14 Jul 2006 15:44:02 GMT
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- insight_050605.pdf - checksum='b81538a4a364c344e8dd28eb2643d1d9' byte count= '803526'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactFaxNumber: 217-785-4326
- contactName: Patrick McGuckin
- contactNetworkAddress: email@example.com
- contactOrganization: Illinois State Library
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-558-4029
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62701
- dateCreated: 05 27 2005
- dateLastModified: 06 07 2005
- description: Feature articles cover the appointment of Anne Craig as director of the Illinois State Library, National Library Week, Government Information Online (GIO), Illinois Authors Book Fair, "Letters About Literature" winners, and the death of Illinois author Saul Bellow.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: May/June
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois State Library
- volumeOrYear: 2005