Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- Library community rallies at Advocacy Day; (insight_050603.pdf)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.The Illinois State Library will soon be known as the Gwendolyn Brooks Illinois State Library. The Illinois General Assembly approved resolution in April naming the State Library in memory of the late Pulitzer Prize winner and longtime Illinois poet laureate. On June 6, dedication ceremony will be held at the library, featuring speakers Secretary of State and State Librarian Jesse White, Senate President Emil Jones Jr., House Speaker Michael Madigan, state Rep. Lovana Jones and Springfield Mayor Tim Davlin. Mrs. Nora Brooks Blakely, the late poet's daughter, will speak on behalf of the Brooks family. dedication plaque will be unveiled and permanently displayed in the library's atrium. "Gwendolyn Brooks was national treasure who enriched the lives of everyone she encountered," said Secretary White. "We are proud and honored that she spent her entire life here in Illinois. It is fitting that her name will be permanently attached to the State Library because her poems are some of the mos
300 South Second Street
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Fri,14 Jul 2006 15:12:17 GMT
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- insight_050603.pdf - checksum='e4278cafb4ce554a9c2ddb50f54439f4' byte count= '1722104'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactFaxNumber: 217-785-4326
- contactName: Patrick McGuckin
- contactNetworkAddress: firstname.lastname@example.org
- contactOrganization: Illinois State Library
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-558-4029
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62701
- dateCreated: 06 16 2003
- dateLastModified: 06 18 2003
- description: Feature articles cover naming the State Library in honor of Gwendolyn Brooks, Library Advocacy Day, the receipt of $6 million in LSTA funds, "Letters About Literature" winners, and Synergy: the Illinois Library Leadership Institute.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: May/June
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois State Library
- volumeOrYear: 2003