Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- LSTA Funding Increases by $40,000; White Awards Construction, Per Capita Grants; TumblerReadable Online Library (insight_030405.pdf)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.Donated booksdistributed by Secretary of State Literacy Office The Secretary of State's Literacy Office distributed more than 40,000 books to literacy programs funded by the office. The books were donated by Delta Systems Co., Inc., distributor of primarily English as Second Language materials. More than literacy projects that receive Adult Volunteer Literacy, Family Literacy and Workplace Skills Enhancement grants through the Secretary of State received books. The Illinois State Library was awarded $6.2 million in Library Services & Technology Act (LSTA) funds from the federal Institute of Museum and Library Services for Illinois libraries. The appropriation represents an increase of $40,000 from last fiscal year. "Federal LSTA grants are very important in helping Illinois libraries provide the services their patrons demand," said Secretary of State and State Librarian Jesse White. "These funds encourage and reward creativity and innovation in our libraries, and the increase in fund
300 South Second Street
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Fri,14 Jul 2006 15:06:54 GMT
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- insight_030405.pdf - checksum='79b0b47f3280ffb56f683be196f36bca' byte count= '977728'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactFaxNumber: 217-785-4326
- contactName: Patrick McGuckin
- contactNetworkAddress: firstname.lastname@example.org
- contactOrganization: Illinois State Library
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-558-4029
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62701
- dateCreated: 03 14 2005
- dateLastModified: 03 18 2005
- description: Feature articles cover increases in Library Services & Technology Act (LSTA) funds and awards of construction grants and per capita grants to Illinois libraries.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: March/April
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois State Library
- volumeOrYear: 2005