Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- Black History Month Events; Library Advocacy Day; Third Synergy Class Selected (insight_030404.pdf)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.Special events at the Illinois State Library commemorating Black History Month in February were the subject of 30-minute television program that aired on three west central Illinois Public Broadcasting System stations. Illinois Stories, weekly program produced and hosted by Mark McDonald, is broadcast on stations serving Springfield, Macomb, Quincy and west central Illinois. The program aired three times during the weekend of February 6-8 and included McDonald interviewing Charlotte Johnson of the Madison County Historical Society as they walked through her display of 1800s African-American History at the State Library. Johnson provided historical background of many free blacks that lived in Illinois during the Reconstruction Period and black pioneers in America. The show also included State Library employees participating in Read-In-Chain of Gwendolyn Brooks' In Montgomery...and other poems. In addition, McDonald interviewed Classie Murray, storyteller and children's librarian at Sp
300 South Second Street
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Fri,14 Jul 2006 15:06:30 GMT
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- insight_030404.pdf - checksum='aa14864e0fc18c4563b884d8c9aa4de2' byte count= '1110299'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactFaxNumber: 217-785-4326
- contactName: Patrick McGuckin
- contactNetworkAddress: firstname.lastname@example.org
- contactOrganization: Illinois State Library
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-558-4029
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62701
- dateCreated: 03 16 2004
- dateLastModified: 03 18 2004
- description: Feature articles cover Black History Month activities at the Illinois State Library, Synergy: the Illinois Library Leadership Initiative, and a virtual reference project of the Talking Book & Braille Service offered through InfoEyes.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: March/April
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois State Library
- volumeOrYear: 2004