Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- Illinois Library Day-\-March 1; National Library Service Celebrates 75 years; Emerging Writers Awards (insight_010206.pdf)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.Organizers are hoping for the largest turnout in recent years as the library community prepares for its annual Illinois Library Day on Wednesday, March 1, in Springfield. Library Day participants will gather at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library & Museum and march en masse to the Lincoln statue on the east side of the State Capitol for rally featuring library leaders in the state. Participants will lobby their state legislators before and after the rally. Organizers are hoping for turnout of at least members of the library community. "Illinois citizens are blessed to have one of the most dynamic and progressive library networks in the country," said Secretary of State Jesse White. "Illinois Library Day is an opportunity for librarians to bring attention to the value of each library to their respective communities, whether that community is college campus, school district, city or specialized setting such as hospital." This year, representatives from the Illinois Library Associa
300 South Second Street
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Fri,14 Jul 2006 15:02:34 GMT
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- insight_010206.pdf - checksum='5a5940820ff093d6f79c0fc3c2717650' byte count= '353830'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactFaxNumber: 217-785-4326
- contactName: Patrick McGuckin
- contactNetworkAddress: firstname.lastname@example.org
- contactOrganization: Illinois State Library
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-558-4029
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62701
- dateCreated: 02 07 2006
- dateLastModified: 02 07 2006
- description: Feature articles cover Illinois Library Day, the State Library's Talking Book and Braille Service, Live & Learn construction grants, Illinois Emerging Writers Competition, and announces a bi-state virtual reference service with Wisconsin.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: January/February
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois State Library
- volumeOrYear: 2006