Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- LibraryU reloaded; Kotlowitz Featured Authors at Illinois Authors Book Fair; Libraries Reach Out to Spanish-speaking community (insight_010205.pdf)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.Illinois State Library Director Jean Wilkins bid farewell to the State Library when she retired on Dec.17, 2004. reception honoring Wilkins was held on December 8. Nearly people came to say goodbye and thank Jean for her outstanding service as director. "Jean Wilkins has been wonderful friend and an outstanding public servant," said Secretary of State Jesse White. "On behalf of the citizens of Illinois, thank Jean for keeping our libraries strong and vibrant. Illinois' network of libraries is among the finest in the nation thanks to Jean and her tireless commitment." White said Wilkins' leadership is best demonstrated by some of the programs she helped implement during her six years as director of the State Library, such as Find-it! Illinois, statewide digital library bringing Illinois information into one convenient Web site, and the Statewide Illinois Library Catalog, shared catalog combining all library holdings in Illinois into single, searchable entity. She also helped implement
300 South Second Street
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Fri,14 Jul 2006 15:02:56 GMT
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- insight_010205.pdf - checksum='60af495b3da6dada6eb33cabdee46ee3' byte count= '429302'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactFaxNumber: 217-785-4326
- contactName: Patrick McGuckin
- contactNetworkAddress: firstname.lastname@example.org
- contactOrganization: Illinois State Library
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-558-4029
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62701
- dateCreated: 02 23 2005
- dateLastModified: 02 25 2005
- description: Feature articles cover Jean Wilkins' retirement as State Library director, LibraryU Reloaded, Spanish Language Outreach Program: Empowering Library Staff to Meet the Technology Needs of Spanish Speakers, Alex Kotlowitz as featured author at the 2005 Illinois Book Fair, and Explore! Fun With Science.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: January/February
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois State Library
- volumeOrYear: 2005