Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- New facility for TBBS; White awards construction grants; Electronic Resource Expo 2002 (insight_010202.pdf)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.The Illinois State Library's Talking Book and Braille Service (TBBS) has wonderful new home in Springfield. TBBS employees have moved the large inventory of stored items into the newly renovated, three-story, 20,000- square-foot structure at E. Washington St., about four blocks from the State Library. "This new facility will greatly enhance our ability to serve the unique and critically important needs of the print-disabled population in Illinois," said Secretary of State and State Librarian Jesse White. "I commend the staff of the Talking Book and Braille Service for their dedication and hard work in preparing this new building to serve its patrons." new facility was made necessary when the Illinois Regional Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped in Chicago closed its doors in January 2000. Since then, the Illinois State Library has assumed administration of its duties, renamed the service and moved its operations to Springfield. The Chicago facility's 15,000 Braille books
300 South Second Street
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Fri,14 Jul 2006 14:59:18 GMT
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- insight_010202.pdf - checksum='4e9953dc2d1f5f820ba36d5f1d999f15' byte count= '250956'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactFaxNumber: 217-785-4326
- contactName: Patrick McGuckin
- contactNetworkAddress: firstname.lastname@example.org
- contactOrganization: Illinois State Library
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-558-4029
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62701
- dateCreated: 03 25 2002
- dateLastModified: 03 25 2002
- description: Feature articles cover the Illinois State Library's new Talking Book and Braille Service facility, Live & Learn Library Construction Grants, Electronic Resource Expo 2002, and Library Advocacy Day.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: January/February
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois State Library
- volumeOrYear: 2002